Important Questions On History Of Jammu And Kashmir
if your are preparing for jkssb upcoming exams then this post will surely help you in this post you will get most important questions of history which will surely help you
3. The ancient text in which the pre-history of kashmir is given is
Ans. Nilmat Puran. Kalhan used Nilmat Puran as one of the sources for completing Rajatrangini.
4. Which place did the huge historic lake Sitasar formed its boundary?
Ans. Baramulla (Varahmulla)
5. Which saint killed the demon Jalod Bowa so as to make people settle in valley?
Ans. Rishi Kashyap
6. The earliest name of Kashmir adopted by people from the name of Rishi Kashyap was?
Ans. Kashyap-Mar and Kashyap-Pura
7. What does the word ‘kashmir’ mean?
Ans. ‘ka’ meaning ‘water’ and shimeera ‘to desicate’. So ‘Kashmir’ implies ‘ land dedicated from water’
8. Famous chinese pilgrim Hein-Tsang who visited valley called the valley as:
9. The earliest name of the river Jhelum in sanskrit scripts is
10. The period of rule of famous sultan Zain-ul-Abdeen is
Ans. 1420- 1470
11. The old city of Srinagar, Pandrethan was founded by
Ans. Ashoka. The earlier name of the city was Purandisthan.
12. Who is also believed to be Samudra Gupta of Kashmir?
Ans. Lalitaditya Muktapid (724 – 761 A.D.). Lalitaditya belonged to Karkota dynasty
13. What is the name of the work done by Kalhan that provides a detailed account of the history of Kashmir?
14. How many parts Kalhan’s work ‘Rajatrangini’ is divided?
Ans. Rajatrangini consists of 7826 verses, which are divided into eight books called Tarangas
15. Parihaspur was the capital of kashmir in the reign of
Ans. King Lalitaditya
16. Who built the world famous sun temple (Martand) built on Mattan Karew?
17. Avantipur (Avantipura today) was the capital of kashmir during the reign of
Ans. Maharaja Avanti-verman.
18. Sopore ( ancient name, Sayapur) was founded by
Ans. Suya. Suya was a great engineer who worked in the court of Avanti-verman
19. Harsha ruled in kashmir from
Ans. 1089 to 1101 A.D
20. Kalhan completed Rajatrangini during the reign of
Ans. King Jaisimha
21. Who was the first lady ruler of Kashmir?
22. The last Hindu ruler of (medieval) Kashmir is
Ans. Urban Dev
23. First Muslim ruler of Kashmir is
Ans. Shah Mir (also known as Sultan Shamas-ud-din) in 1339. Founded Shah-Miri dynasty
24. Who were the two great Muslim rulers of Shah-Miri dynasty?
Ans. Sultan Shihab-ud-din and Sultan Zain-ul-Abdin
25. Who founded Shadipur?
Ans. Sultan Shihab-ud-din ( Shadipur was earlier known as Shihab-ud-din pura
26. Moghul period lasted in kashmir from
Ans. 1587 to 1752
27. Nagar-Magar, a town near Hariparbat, was built by
Explain :- Hariparbat is the site of Durrani Fort. The present fort was built in 1808 under the reign of Shuja Shah Durrani. The first fortifications on the site were constructed by the Mughal emperor Akbar in 1590 who built an outer wall for the fort as part of his plans for a new capital called Nager Nagor.
28. Shalimar and Nishat gardens in Kashmir were built by
29. Garden of Chashma-shai was built by
Ans. Shah Jahan
30. French traveller who accompanied Aurangzeb during his visit to kashmir was
Ans. Francis Bernier
31. How long did Afghan rule in Kashmir?
Ans. 1752 – 1819
32. Which rule is the darkest rule in the history of Kashmir?
Ans. Afghan or Parhan rule. During this period, terror and looting was at peak in kashmir. The period is remembered for its brutality and cruelty in kashmir.
33. Who established Afghan rule in Kashmir?
Ans. Ahmad Shah Abdali
34. What is the period of Sikh rule in Kashmir?
Ans. 1819 – 1846
35. Who was the first sikh ruler of Kashmir?
Ans. Maharaja Ranjit Singh
36. How did Dogra Period started in Kashmir?
Ans. After the First Anglo-Sikh War in 1846, under the terms of the Treaty of Amritsar, the British government sold Kashmir to Maharaja Gulab Singh and the princely state of Jammu and Kashmir, the second largest princely state in British India, was created. It was Maharaja Gulab Singh who again revived conditions in valley.
37. Maharaja Gulab Singh entered Srinagar on
Ans. 9th November, 1848
38. Who laid foundation of modern J&K?
Ans. Maharaja Gulab Singh
39. The last ruling Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir was
Ans. Hari Singh
40. The Constituent Assembly of J&K ended Dogra hereditary rule on
Ans. 26th January, 1957
41. The instrument of accession was signed on
Ans. 26th October, 1947
42. Who were the signatories of instrument of accession?
Ans. Jammu and Kashmir Maharaja Hari Singh and Lord Louis Mountbatten of India
43. The instrument of accession came into force in J&K from
Ans. 27 October, 1947
44. Who founded the city of Jammu?
Ans. Raja Jambulochan. Earlier name of city was Jumbupur. During one of his hunting campaigns in 14th century B. C., he reached the Tawi River where he saw a goat and a lion drinking water at the same place. After this incident, he decided to found a city near the river. The city came to known as Jambu-Nagar, which then later changed into Jammu.
45. Who founded Bahu Fort?
Ans. Bahu lochan, Brother of Jambulochan
46. How many parts Kalhan’s work ‘ Rajatrangini’ is divided?
Ans. Rajatrangini consists of 7826 verses, which are divided into eight books called Tarangas (“waves”). It is written in sanskrit. Kalhan used Nilmat Puran in completing Rajatrangini.
47. What is the name given to river Jhelum by ancient Greeks?
48. The Battle of Hydaspes River was fought between
Ans. Alexander and the Indian king, Porus in 326 BC. Porus was defeated in the Battle.
49. What is the kashmiri name for river Jhelum?
50. Which sacred shrine of Kashmiri Pandits is located on Hari Parbat?
Ans. Sharika Mata temple
51. Which Sikh Gurudwara is associated with sixth Sikh Guru, Guru Har Gobind?
Ans. Gurudwara Chatti Patshahi.
Gurudwara Chatti Patshahi at Kathi Darwaja, Rainwari, Srinagar is one of the most important Sikh gurudwaras in Kashmir. It is believed that Guru Har Gobind, the sixth Sikh guru, travelled through Kashmir, stopping to preach occasionally and stayed there for few days
52. Which mountain temple of Mata Vaishno Devi is located?
Ans. Trikuta Mountain
53. Where in Khanqah of Shah Hamdan situated?
Ans. On Bank of river Jhelum
54. Who built Raghunath temple?
Ans. The temple was built during the period 1822–1860 by Maharaja Gulab Singh and his son Maharaja Ranbir Singh.
Download Jk Students info App from Google Play store and get all updates on your phone 📱
If you like this please share it with your Friends and help them in preparing